Saturday 9 June 2012

Oh My Blog!

When the "blog project" idea was first introduced, I must admit that I was very skeptical. I never spend much time at home, let alone on my computer so I was worried that it would be a task that I couldn't complete. However, after commencing the project, I realized that taking advantage of the available technology  was very convenient. It enabled the students to easily display their research and personal views in a very accessible way. I definitely think that this project has allowed me to explore a new way of sharing and accessing information. I enjoyed that fact that I was able to type, rather than write. It was also neat that we were able to display photos, videos, slides, etc, which we wouldn't be able to do if we were simply writing essays. Lastly, I found  that this particular project gave the students a lot of independence and flexibility in their work. It allowed me to personalize my thoughts and research while also keeping a solid structure in what we needed to incorporate into each post. Ultimately, I think the blog was a success and I really enjoyed being able to post my ideas on the internet for everyone to access. 

4 comments:

  1. I certainly agree with you, Emily, that this blog project offered many things a written project could not. Incorporating images, videos, debate and discussion are difficult to do when a topic is only explored through an essay. I also think that the blog, like you mentioned, offered a way for students to express their personal opinion while also examining facts and data. It was also a success in that it was widely available to individuals outside of our classroom community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    I think I can say that we've all learned something new through this project. We all had to take on a little responsibility in getting our posts done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,
    I agree with you that technology are able to provide us with the convenience of posting our thoughts, and serves as an outlet where we are able to express our ideas to the world. Like you mentioned, students are able to develop independence and responsibility through this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edison,
    I appreciate your thoughtful and considerate comments throughout the duration of my blog. It was very interesting for me to be introduced to the blogging world as I've never experienced it before.

    ReplyDelete